Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Entry: Who am I?

Welcome! I should start off by saying that my name is Alex Savittieri. I'm a free spirited, down to earth, go-with-the-flow type of person. Unfortunately, I am 27 years old and time isn't slowing down much. I have taken breaks here and there from school in order to explore new states and even other countries. During the summer of 2013,
This is what a student ambassador looks like in China.

I was nominated to become a student ambassador for the community college I was attending; I studied abroad in China for about a month. Before coming to Arizona nearly a year and a half ago, I attended Colorado State University for a year. It's located in Fort Collins and is surrounded by the beautiful Rocky Mountains. At Glendale Community College, I plan to finish the few classes necessary for an Associates in Science. From there, I plan to transfer back to a four-year university. Though, I'm unsure where I'll be going at the moment.



Playing music during my brother's wedding.
I have many hobbies and interests, sometimes to the point where I'm unsure what to dedicate my time to. Leading that list is my love for writing, playing, and recording my own music. I've been playing the acoustic guitar for nearly 10 years; I dabble with the piano as well. When creating music, I enjoy incorporating many environmental sounds into my songs, such as water dripping, wind, or other obscure noises. I find it makes everything more interesting! Another love of mine is nature and being outdoors; I find it very therapeutic. While I was in Colorado, some friends and I would head up to the mountains during the weekends and explore the vastness that is the Rockies. We would often pitch a tent at small nature-engulfed campgrounds. 


Camping and hiking in the Rocky Mountains.
During any other spare time, I like to read books about homeopathy, raw veganism, meditation, and philosophy. 

Lastly, I enjoy having challenging, meaningful conversations with people. Any way I am able to gain insight or develop a new perspective on a topic is important to me. Anything ranging from the meaning of life to the obscure concept of time. It's interesting to hear what people think when asked questions they may not have thought about before. 


My goal for this blog is to provide interesting material for anyone reading; if it causes them to engage in critical thought or they learn something new, that's a bonus! Thanks for reading y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment